Sunday, June 17, 2012

Father's Day



I've been blessed to have a father who loves me and who I can rely on. My daddy is a jack-of-all-trades and I know he'll always be there for me when I need him. When I think of my dad, I think of the dad in the following story.
A little girl took her father’s lunch to him as he worked deep in a well. Although she could not see her father down in the darkness of the well, when she called to him he answered, so she knew he was there. The father told her to drop the lunch bucket into the hole, and he would catch it. He did so, and in a moment called up to her that he had too much lunch for just one person, and invited her to join him. “Jump,” he said, “and I will catch you. You cannot see me, but I can see you, and I will not let you fall.” She jumped into the dark well and landed safely in her father’s strong arms. Together they had a fun time sharing the lunch.
 I know my dad will always catch me when I jump. Love you, Papi! Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment